Chocolate Croissant Baked French Toast is chocolate, croissants, and cream cheese soaked overnight in an egg mixture. It’s a delicious overnight breakfast.
- 8 jumbo croissants (I found them at Walmart, but you can use 12 regular size), chopped
- 1 12-ounce package mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 8-ounces cream cheese
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare a 9 X 13-inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Cut the croissants up into bite-size pieces or 1-inch cubes. Layer half of them into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle half of the mini chocolate chips over the croissants.
- Cut the cream cheese into small squares by dividing it in half and slicing into 20 pieces. Distribute half of the cream cheese over the croissants and chocolate chips.
- Place the remaining croissants, chocolate chips and cream cheese into the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Gently pour and evenly distribute the egg mixture over the entire pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake in the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and remove plastic wrap. Bake for 45 – 55 minutes. 45 minutes will give you a softer, slightly unfinished middle whereas 55 minutes will be firmer.