- 1 kg beef stewing meat (bladebone, chuck roast or any kind of stewing beef), cut into 2cm cubes.
- 4 carrots, cut into 2cm chunkcs (or you can use 4 red potatoes).
- 2 medium green capsicums/peppers, deseeded and cut into 2cm chunks.
- 2 onions, thinly sliced.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed.
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and quartered (approx. 1/2 can diced tomatoes).
- 1 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste.
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika.
- 2 bay leaves.
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds.
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated stevia, optional.
- 1 cup beef stock.
- 1. Place beef in base of slow cooker insert. Cover with carrots, capsicum, onion, garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, spices and pepper, salt and stevia. Pour over the stock and stir to combine. Cover and cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.