- 600 g salmon fillets, cut into four equal portions.
- 1 teaspoon allspice.
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground.
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt.
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper.
- 1 cup cooked Basmati rice.
- 1 avocado, diced.
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and diced.
- 1 mango, diced.
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced.
- 1/2 cup mint, leaves picked.
- 1 lime, juiced.
- 1. Place allspice, cayenne pepper, chilli powder, cinnamon, cumin, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix to combine.
2. Drizzle salmon with olive oil, then rub the spice mix into the salmon.
3. Heat a large frypan on medium-high heat. Add fish into the pan and cook for 4 minutes each side, until salmon is cooked through (this will depend on how thick your salmon fillet is). You want the salmon to be still pink in the very middle as it will continue to cook when taken off the heat.
4. To make the Mango Salsa, add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and toss to combine.
5. Place one salmon fillet on a plate with 1/4 cup of cooked basmati rice and a big handful of Mango Salsa to serve.