- 1-1.2 kg beef brisket, fat removed.
- 3 carrots, halved lengthways and roughly chopped.
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges.
- 3 sticks celery, roughly chopped.
- 2 bay leaves.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced.
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil.
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano.
- 1/2 x 400 g can diced tomatoes.
- fresh parsley, to serve.
- 4 large zucchinis,peeled into ribbons using a peeler or mandolin.
- 1. Place meat in the base of the slow cooker insert. Add the remaining ingredients (except for the parsley and zucchini) on top and around the meat. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 4-5.
3. Serve on a bed of zucchini ribbons and sprinkle with parsley.