- 1/2 c. panko breadcrumbs, toasted
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in half
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a small bowl combine toasted panko, Parmesan, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat add drizzle of olive oil. Place the brussels sprouts cut-side down and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add more olive oil and sear chicken until golden brown on one side; season with salt and black pepper; transfer to a plate.
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat; sauté garlic and onion with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cook for 1 minute. Add chicken stock and balsamic vinegar.
- Return chicken to the sauce, seared-side up. Divide cheese and breadcrumb mixture evenly among chicken breasts. Add brussels sprouts and transfer pan to oven; bake 10 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS