- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate baking crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 100g (about 3/4 cup chopped) chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 (8oz) packages light cream cheese (or regular), room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups 0% plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line a 9″ Springform pan with parchment (place it in between the top and bottom sections and close around it — this will make it easier to remove). Lightly grease the inside of the pan and wrap the bottom in tin foil.
- Combine butter, chocolate crumbs and sugar and press into the bottom of the pan and 1″ up the sides.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until dry. Set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 275 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate and cream and microwave on high in 20-30 second intervals, stirring each time, until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add yogurt, eggs, vanilla, salt and cocoa and beat until smooth and combined, scraping down sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Add melted chocolate and beat until combined.
- Pour onto crust and bake at 275 degrees F for 1.75-2 hours (I bake mine 2 hours exactly), until top appears dry but cheesecake still jiggles when moved. Turn the oven off and let sit in warm oven with the door closed for 20 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack on the counter, gently run a knife around the inside of the pan and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until completely chilled (I like to chill overnight). Slice and serve.
30 MINSPrep Time
2 HOURSCook Time