- Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 2 as a main course or 4 as a starter
- More effort
Nutrition per serving
Saturated Fat 17
- 150g 00 pasta flour
- 1 large egg and 2 yolks, lightly beaten
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 150g white and brown crabmeat
- 100g ricotta
- ½ lemon, zest (use the rest in the sauce)
- 1 tbsp tarragon, leaves picked, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 40g unsalted butter
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- First make the pasta. Put the flour in a food processor with almost all of your egg mixture, oil and a pinch of salt. Blitz to large crumbs – they should come together to form a dough when squeezed (if it feels a little dry gradually add a bit more egg). Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface, knead for 1 min or until nice and smooth – don’t worry if it’s quite firm as it will soften when it rests. Cover with cling film and leave to rest for 30 mins.
- To make the filling, mix all of the ingredients together, season and leave in the fridge until needed.
- Cut away ¼ of the dough (keep the rest covered with cling film) and feed it through the widest setting on your pasta machine. (If you don’t have a machine, use a heavy rolling pin to roll the dough as thinly as possible.) Then fold into three, give the dough a quarter turn and feed through the pasta machine again. Repeat this process once more then continue to pass the dough through the machine, progressively narrowing the rollers, one notch at a time, until you have a smooth sheet of pasta. On the narrowest setting, feed the sheet through twice.
- Put the pasta sheet on a lightly floured surface, then spoon teaspoons of the filling 4cm apart on the bottom half of the sheet. Using your fingers, pat water around each blob of filling. Fold the top half over the fillings and carefully squeeze around, making sure to remove any air pockets.
- Cut between each ravioli using a pasta cutter or sharp knife, then pinch around the edges of each ravioli to make sure it is well sealed. Keep on a lightly floured baking tray while you repeat the process with the remaining dough and filling.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. In a large, non-stick pan, melt the butter over a medium heat and cook for 2-3 mins until brown and nutty. Take off the heat and whisk in a splash of the pasta water and the lemon juice. Cook the ravioli for 2-3 mins, remove with a slotted spoon and immediately toss in the brown butter sauce. Serve topped with the lemon zest and a crack of black pepper.